WHY NOT JOIN OUR PERIODIC TABLE?
Technician (Sample Reception & Preparation)
JOB REF: V704
PACKAGE: £21,800 per annum (pro-rata for part-time role), 25 days annual leave (+ stats), contributory pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Company life insurance
HOURS: One full-time role at 37.5 hours per week, one part-time role at 20 hours per week, both with weekend rota
DURATION: Permanent position
CLOSING DATE: 15 October 2023
We’re filthy and we’re proud of it.
Our purpose-designed lab tests muck and water. We do it really well – to nationally accredited standards. There are other labs who offer testing, but we’re fast, accurate and reliable and we guarantee our turnaround times. We’ve got lots of work. And that’s where you come in.
Responsibilities of a Technician:
- Receive and book in samples.
- Prepare samples for analysis.
- Calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the instruments.
- Keeping logs and NWR’s up to date.
- Complying with Quality Standards and adhering to Health & Safety.
- Keeping work areas clean and tidy plus general housekeeping duties as requested by line management.
- Conduct basic chemical analysis.
- Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures/Work Instructions, ensuring compliance with ISO 17025 (UKAS) and the internal Quality Management System.
Requirements of a Technician:
- Ability to work independently using good judgement, and as a team player.
- Resourceful, reliable and self-motivated.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and listening.
- Adept at time management and able to work with deadlines.
- Flexible, accommodating and positive approach.
- GCSEs or BTEC qualifications.
You’re the kind of person who takes pride in keeping your work area clean (despite the muck). You’re keen to communicate with colleagues and quick to learn. That’s important because you’ll be fully trained by our brilliant team of Technicians. Most importantly, you’ll be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck-in because you love to keep busy.
Being busy, you’ll be part of an overtime rota which will involve working some weekends as well as additional hours during the week when needed. If you have previous experience working in a lab environment, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for the full-time position please follow this link Technician – Stanley DH9 – Indeed.com and submit your CV and covering letter.
01207 528 578
Unit 6 Parkhead
Greencroft Industrial Park
The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development Europe investing in rural areas
Project Scale Up
This project will help Chemtech Environmental to achieve its ambitious growth plan to become the UK’s largest independent chemical analysis testing laboratory by purchasing business-critical instrumentation to deliver increased volume of work and diverse services to customers.
It is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
-All rights reserved copyright 2020 © Chemtech Environmental Limited
Registered in England and Wales Registration Number: 428 4013 VAT Number: 772 5703 18
Chemtech Environmental Limited, Unit 6 Parkhead, Greencroft Industrial Park, Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YB