DOWN TO EARTH. AND WATER.
WHY NOT JOIN OUR PERIODIC TABLE?
POSITION: inorganicS Co-ordinator
JOB REF: 2562
PACKAGE: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum
24 days annual leave (+ stats), contributory pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
DURATION: Permanent following a successful 6 month probationary period
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
DESCRIPTION: We’re filthy and we’re proud of it.
Our purpose-designed lab tests muck and water. We do it really well – to nationally accredited standards. There are other labs who offer testing, but we’re fast, accurate and reliable and we guarantee our turnaround times. We have a lot of clients. It’s important we keep them happy and give them an exceptional customer experience. And that’s where you come in.
Requirements of an Inorganic Co-ordinator:
- Experienced analyst
- Ability to work independently using good judgement, and as a team player
- Resourceful, reliable and self-motivated
- Demonstrable management/leadership experience
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional organisational skills with a high consideration to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and listening
- Adept at time management and able to work with deadlines
- Flexible, accommodating and positive approach
- Use initiative to achieve results and take ownership of workload
Responsibilities of an Inorganic Co-ordinator:
- Plan and monitor workload ensuring deadlines are met by your team
- Prepare and analyse samples using different analytical techniques including:
- Empower your team to calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot problems with instruments
- Ensure your team are keeping logs and NWR’s up to date plus submitting PT results in a timely manner
- Complying with Quality Standards and adhering to Health & Safety
- Proactively contribute ideas for continuous improvement and encourage your team to follow your lead
- Keeping work areas clean and tidy plus general housekeeping duties as requested by the Lab Manage
You’ve a sound education in a chemistry-related discipline with a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience, ideally in a commercial environment with a high throughput and working to demanding deadlines.
If you’re currently employed, or have previously been employed, in an environmental and/or contract laboratory sector, you’ll jump to the top of our shortlist. Knowledge of UKAS accreditation means you get a gold star against your name.
Click on the link below to apply by sending a CV and covering letter quoting the job reference
01207 528 578
Unit 6 Parkhead
Greencroft Industrial Park
The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
Europe investing in rural areas
Project Scale Up
This project will help Chemtech Environmental to achieve its ambitious growth plan to become the UK’s largest independent chemical analysis testing laboratory by purchasing business-critical instrumentation to deliver increased volume of work and diverse services to customers.
It is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
All rights reserved copyright 2020 © Chemtech Environmental Limited
Registered in England and Wales Registration Number: 428 4013 VAT Number: 772 5703 18
Chemtech Environmental Limited, Unit 6 Parkhead, Greencroft Industrial Park, Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YB