Chemtech would like to reassure you that despite these unprecedented times, we are putting in place a number of robust measures to keep our team safe whilst still continuing to deliver test results.
It’s still very much business as usual but we are making some changes we’d like to share. We hope you will work with us during this transitional period.
We’re fortunate to have a large open plan Lab so our colleagues do not have to work in close proximity. However, to further reduce the risk of infection, we have split our workforce into two teams, Chem and Tech (original we know!)
These teams will operate on the following shifts:
06:00 to 13:45 and 14:15 to 22:00
We have a small number of staff who will be working remotely, and we will continue with weekend working when necessary.
To assist in keeping everyone safe we are limiting nonessential visitors to our Lab.
How do our changes impact you?
This new pattern of working may result in you receiving reports at different times to what you might normally expect; could be earlier, may be a little later. But we will always do our best to make sure we continue to hit turnarounds.
Although we are increasing our operating hours, please be mindful that each shift will have fewer numbers of staff which may result in our not being as quick to respond as normal. Please be assured that we will always get back to you, but your patience is very much appreciated.
We use TNT (FedEx) as our preferred courier and are in daily communications with them in order to understand any potential interruptions to service. As a company with a 47-year trading history, they are well placed to proactively address situations that can occur and are committed to courier continuity, that’s why we work with them. You can click here to keep on top of updates.
You may have wondered ‘is it safe to touch packages?’ The WHO has answered that question for us. They’ve made it clear that it is safe to handle a package, even if it comes from a place where the virus has been reported.
How can you help?
We’re in this together. So, we have a few small asks of you which will help to keep things running smoothly:
- Please give as much notice as possible on any quick turnaround work. Any notice you are able to give is better than none
- If you are running low on sample containers, let us know as soon as possible and be as specific as possible about what you need and when you need it. Please try and avoid stockpiling – we don’t want a toilet roll situation…
- Booking couriers for collections early would also be helpful. You can always cancel if things don’t go to plan
- If you would like to arrange a local pick up by our driver, it would be preferable if these could be between the hours of 09:00 and 13:00. And in the interests of limiting unnecessary contact, you might want to instruct us where the samples can be collected without the need for a physical handover
- If you are dropping samples at the Lab, can you please:
- Advise our support squad (email@example.com) that you intend to drop off
- Use the entrance at the back of the building
- Limit contact with our Sample Reception team – a solidarity fist-bump is OK, but a nod, wink or wave is even better
During this period, we have a designated phone number for booking collections. Please call: 07506 960014
Finally, please be kind. Our team are fully committed to adjusting to this new way of working in order to try and maintain service continuity. They are going to be working very hard under difficult circumstances. A friendly word or email will go a long way to helping resolve any issues you may have while we weather the storm
We want to thank you for your co-operation, understanding and patience. It is down to your continued support and our fantastic team that we are able to keep calm and carry on.